Any electronics builders out there

haburton

I felt like asking again, are there any builders out there? Please share your experiences, tips, tricks, failures (though I hope they're few), etc. I just built the ESP preamplifier and am dying to try it out. I made some modifications that I hope will improve it over the amp it is already. I'll let you all know after I get to test it.

Thanks

Well, I haven't started building my “project” preamp yet, but I’m doing lots of research and plan to begin when I get some sort of “lab” set up at my house.

I’m not sure if I’ve heard of the ESP pre, though. Can you tell me about it?

-Flatpicker

This company is Elliott Sound Productions. He is the URL.

http://sound.westhost.com/project66.htm

I think their products deserve some serious study. I have modified some of the components, 1% resistors, polypropolene caps, ultra-low-noise op-amp. I haven't fully tested it yet, but I am confident it will be very low noise. Great characteristics so far.

I would highly recommend it.

Oh yeah, I’ve seen this. Great article with lots of info. I laugh every time I read the copyright notice, though. Why? Because this circuit is so close to being EXACTLY like the pres in my 7 year old Spirit Folio mixer (this circuit was also copyrighted in 1993). The only differences are the transistors(PNP=2S8737, NPN=2SC2240), opamps(NJM072BS) and a few of the resister values (probably due to a different transistor gain). I guess you don’t have to change much to dodge the copyright laws!

Let me know how it sounds. BTW, which op-amp did you use?

-Flatpicker

Back