Any Boss LS-2 Users?

pdadda

Captain Sea Boots
I posted a similar thread in the Rack section with no luck, so I'll try here. I have been debating getting a BOSS LS-2 pedal to route both my vocals and acoustic guitar into my looper pedal (Headrush E2). Would this work? How would I set it up? The two possibilites I see are:
1. Run acoustic through pedal board into LS-2 and vocals through mixing board into LS-2.
2. Run acoustic through pedal board into ls-2 and vocal mic straight into LS-2. Can the min-mixer on the LS-2 bring a mic up to the same level as my pre-amped acoustic?

This is just for small gigs, so if I can avoid bringing along the mixing board, I would prefer that. I also have a KP2 that I could use for its preamp.

Anyone else try something similar?

I posted a similar thread in the Rack section with no luck, so I'll try here. I have been debating getting a BOSS LS-2 pedal to route both my vocals and acoustic guitar into my looper pedal (Headrush E2). Would this work? How would I set it up? The two possibilites I see are:
1. Run acoustic through pedal board into LS-2 and vocals through mixing board into LS-2.
2. Run acoustic through pedal board into ls-2 and vocal mic straight into LS-2. Can the min-mixer on the LS-2 bring a mic up to the same level as my pre-amped acoustic?

This is just for small gigs, so if I can avoid bringing along the mixing board, I would prefer that. I also have a KP2 that I could use for its preamp.

Anyone else try something similar?

The LS-2 will accept the input of the acoustic guitar and send it to your looper. The LS-2 is mainly for line-level inputs. Taking a microphone through the LS-2 will give you little volume on your microphone, because a microphone has a different impediance.

A very small mixer may be a better solution [can be bought for nearly same price as a Boss LS-2--you only will need something with about 4 inputs--,this will be more flexible than the LS-2], since it offers you microphone and line-level inputs.

Your set-up with would look like this:

Small mixer where you plug both mic and ac. guitar into. The output of the mixer would be connected to the looper pedal, and the looper pedal would be connected to a larger PA, or an amp or anything where you want the total mix to sent to.

LS-2 is very flexible, but only for line-level inputs really.

If you would like more input and feedback on the use of the Boss LS-2 check out the dedicated Boss pedal site on www. bossarea.com , there is also a forum linked to the site, and it mainly deals with boss-and other compact pedals.

Hope this will give you some idea.
Cheers

timmerman is right except that the LS-2 is good for instrument (guitar) ouputs (well below line-level) as well as line level outputs, e.g. keyboards. And as stated above, it's not suited for a mic.

I'm tired of lugging my mixer and PA around for small gigs. Its the same mixer I use in my home studio, so I don't like plugging and unplugging cables all the time to go to small gigs). Is there any pedal that would do this trick? I'm hoping to only bring the following to a gig:

guitar
mic
Kaoss Pad (for mic preamp/effects)
looper pedal
small amp

Is there a pedal (or something small and light enough to mount on a small pedal board) I could use to merge the guitar and mic signals so they can both go into the E2 and then out to the guitar amp? I'm not concerned about the fidelity loss going through a guitar amp.

It's been a few years, and now I am back with a similar question. I want to do solo coffee shop gigs, and I want to bring along as little gear as possible (since I will only be paid in coffee). I want to be able to run my electric or acoustic guitar along with my vocals into my headrush looper pedal and then out to my tube amp. I am fine with the way vocal mics sound through my tube amp since I suck at singing anyway. I also have a small preamp I can use if that helps even out levels. I used the mixer route for several years, and I am tired of bringing that along to small shows. Would the Boss LS2 do the trick?

Well, I went ahead and bought the LS2, so I'll have to report how it works for the job when it gets here. Five years was a long enough wait for this purchase!

Back