Any body using Presonus Studio One?

dmckissic

trying out the demo, dont know yet if I wanna drop my Pro Tools and put 500 bucks in this thing or not?? Done a search found one thread from a couple of months ago,posting a review, they were a little "iffy" as well. Any body had much experience with it out there yet?

trying out the demo, dont know yet if I wanna drop my Pro Tools and put 500 bucks in this thing or not?? Done a search found one thread from a couple of months ago,posting a review, they were a little "iffy" as well. Any body had much experience with it out there yet?

I used it for a month when the demo came out...and I thought the workflow was brilliant (I only have experience of Live and Sonar mind you)

But there were a couple of bugbears

you couldnt bounce down midi without rendering

once you moved the pan control you couldn't get it back to 0

the faders in the mixer went up by .4db increments no matter how gentle you were and you couldnt expand it so that the faders were bigger/longer

there has been a 1.5 update so these might have been addressed...some of the effects were pretty good for being in house..the instruments were nothing to write home about but the mastering page was excellent

your final stereo wave mixdown get uploaded there and updates itself when you change something in the mix...can write CDs or digital releases from that page too

give it a shot if you havent already..I liked it...It would maybe make me choose a presonus interface when/if i upgrade as its cheaper to update the free studio version to Pro that way :)

In case you're interested....

Presonus is offering Studio One Pro for $299 when you change over from another DAW (Cubase, ProTools, Sonar, Reaper, etc.).

Back