any Behringer MX3242x uses out there.......

dmas

....was looking at this mixer for live performances and some studio work and was wondering what people have heard, read, seen, or done with it. Thanks in advance...

I wouldn't bother with the Behringer - spend a bit more and go for a Mackie, or a Spirit (Folio series).......

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

bvaleria

...do you say that from experience using the brands/models stated or just a preferance you have b/c of things you've heard/read? Or are you just plain anti-Behringer.

I have direct experience with both Mackie and Spirit products, and I've A/B'd the Behringer MX9000 against the Mackie 24*8. You couldn't PAY me to use the Behringer mixer...... shoddy workmanship, poor pres, poor QA, unusable EQ, noisy, shall I go on??

I've used other gear from Behringer and it's been acceptable for certain applications, but I think you pays your money and takes your choice - why shell out for "potentially" sub-standard stuff when you can pay a bit more and know that you're getting superior gear............

But that's just me..........

bvaleria

Exactly the kind of response I'm looking for. Thanks. I'd still like to hear the other side of the coin from anyone willing to step up to the plate.

Behringer bashers are usually the ones who've never used a Behringer product

I love my Behringer Eurorack MX3242X. I got one recently for $574 new from BHphotovideo.com. Don't think I've seen any Mackies or Soundcrafts with these features for this price. I can't do without the 16 direct outs that's on the Behringer mixer and the preamps sound great. I have a Mackie mixer (with less inputs) and cannot hear the difference between the Mackie preamps and the Behringers. They sound the same to me and the Behringer mixer is very solid...all metal construction. The channels are clean as can be and there is no crosstalk between the 16 channels.

I read a bunch of posts on Behringer products on this bbs, and the same people keep bashing the Behringers...over and over again. That has added to the thinking that Behringer products suck. They are great products with a great price.

Before listening to the majority who blast these mixers, check out the professional magazine reviews first. Here is a fair review from a respectable recording magazine, Sound on Sound, on the MX3242X.

http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/aug01/articles/mx3242.asp

Drone, what on Earth compelled you (with your second post to this BBS) to excavate and respond to a two-year old, mummified thread? I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I think the guy might have made his decision by now. Hell, dmas hasn't even posted on these boards for over a year and a half.

But hey, thanks for the informative, timely advice.:D

response to tdukex

dude, just trying to set things straight. I did a search to see who also has this mixer...doesn't seem like many. Just thought I'd give my $.02 since there still seems to be a lot of Behringer bashing on this site. Yeah this is old...didn't mean to open old wounds.

Just giving you a hard time, Drone, because...well, you know...you're a newbie.:D

I have a small Behringer mixer myself. Don't tell anybody, and welcome aboard.:D

Drone,

Don't worry about these guys. I have a 3242x and got rid of my 1604 mackie for it. The 3242 is way more board than the 1604 and I love mine. To each his own. I have a akai dps16 and catch hell for that too. Mostly from roland users. I did have a vs880ex and made the big step to the dps16 and can't wait to get the money together for the dps24. Anyway, I use behringer board and compressors. Love em both. Your right, for 600 bucks you can't find another board on the market that can touch the 3242x.

Later

Behringer

I own all three. A Behringer MX9000, Soundcraft 24X4, and a Mackie 1604. The Mackie and Behringer do sound about the same. Both are clean well built boards, but there sound is what I call thin, which can be warmed with nice pre. However, Soundcraft is the best. It is very warm and natural sounding on it's own. So what do you buy. A Behringer for it's features, sound and price point or a Soundcraft for it's warm sound. A Mackie would be a waste of money, because you get the same sound with the behringer and more features to boot.

deepwater,

I can't believe there is someone else besides me who feels that way about behringer. It's good to hear someone who understands bang for the buck and quality. Your right, soundcraft makes great board, but not for the price of a behringer. I've had mine for 2 years now and have had not one problem. Are the pre's as good as you can get, hell no, but I'm in homerecording I think? Not the Hit Factory or Abey Road. I just got done with a recording session with my band. We are just about finished with our new CD (second one). Just mix and master. When I get done with that I will post our songs on garageband.com. When I do I'll give the link so everyone who wants to can hear what can be done with such poor quality gear as behringer, akai, nady condenser mics and the like.

Peace

I'm new to this thread or whatever you call it but I just got a mx3242x and it lights up like it's going to work and I can not get a peep out of it. All I can hear is a slight clicking noise in the headphones when I plug them into the headphone out. Do you still use one?

Agent013

Yes, I still use mine and it still works like new. I haven't had one thing break or quit or any problems of any kind. I still love it. As for your problem. Have you tried hooking up monitors to it and see if sound comes out of them. As for the headphones, have you checked to see if you have them turned on, on the board under the control room section. Other than that, I can't tell you what to look for.

peace
boardman

i have an mx2442 that i use in my live rig, and the damn thing has worked flawlessly for the last 3 years. in the studio i have a Mackie 24/8 and that board has a few channels that are not working correctly , and its only 2 years old , it never moves from the studio.

Got a mate with the same MAckie as yours, same problems. He ended up by changing all the internal ribbon cables inside the Mackie who gave them to him for free.

I have several Behringer mixers and they have so far not missed a beat in 3 years. My MX2442 fell out of the car the other day into a puddle. Works fine.

For me the big advantage of Behringr is that the stuff is so cheap that if it breaks, you just go and buy a new one. Trouble is, my Behringer stuff has never broken and I have a LOT of it.

I do mainly live work with an MX3282A. I love it. It works great every time.

Back