tannerridgeway said:
i am interested in buying a bass from rondomusic.com
i was wondering if anyone has delt with them or owns one of their instruments
im looking at the SX SPJ-62 bass for $120
im not looking for a top knotch bass
but i dont want to buy a piece of junk

any advice will be greatly appreciated
thanks.
I know a few people who have SX guitars/basses (they used to have a retail store about an hour away from here) and they love them. They seem to be great deals for the money. Alder or ash bodies at plywood prices if nothing else. Some of the slightly fancier models have nice tuners as well.

I had a SX Jazz. Nice for the price. Just a little below the Squire I owned. But I understand that worksmanship may vary. That said, I understand the owner is willing to resolve reasonable problems. Just remember, you are buying a $120 bass.

...I have 2 SX guitars from Rondo...a Tele copy and a LP Special copy (w/set neck!)...both are great guitars for the price (about $120 each)...best bargain/entry level guitars for the money IMHO...with a few upgrades they're nicer than many of the brand name equivalents that cost much more...and excellent customer service as well...recommended! ;)

my brother bought one of their six string basses, and he loves it. His college music prof who teaches bass recommended it as a great bang for the buck, and he hasn't been dissapointed. They strike me as better construction than a lot of other inexpensive instruments.

has anyone tried their accoustic guitars? They look like a pretty good deal for the money too. I mean, not pro or anything, but they have some decent prices.

My Brother (the bass player for our band) Picked up one of their fretless basses, and I must say it has been a really nice bass for the $150 or so bucks he paid. Maybe not as good as his $1000 Carvin but wellllll worth the money.

Tom

I bought a SX PJ62. Out of the box, it was great, especially for the money. After I set it up, it intonated incredibly well in addition to playing and sounding good. I will drop some of the new GFS pickups into it, for a total of $180, should be pure rawk. Can't miss for $120. I bought one of the P models at the same time, it was also a decent player, never quite intonated as well as the PJ.

Neither likes heavy strings, too much pressure for the neck, but they sound great with mediums anyway.

Back