Anurizm

Wig333

I dont know how you folks at homerecording feel about electronic music, I for one hate techno rave trash but am always compelled to compose cuts that seem to be extracted from those genres,
I put a considerable amount of work into the overall orchestration
of the songs and am ussualy satisfied with the resulting melodies
but as far as mixing/mastering goes im lazy and retarted, so this cut might sound like s***, so any advice/critisizm/slandering/hostility/harrasment/etc. is welcomed.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/wig333hotmailcom/singles

hope it lives up to its name

anurizm

It started out cool...with some nice lo freqs going on...but then I started to get tired of the riff from the sawtooth sounding wave. Sounding like an arpeggiator, I tired of it fairly quick, and tried to concentrate on the rhythmic stuff. (It does go on for up to a minute). When it stops(leaving just the rhytmic drum stuff), it sounds great...kinda an ear relief. Then the same sound starts up at 1:16....so I was kinda bummed. ....and it just keeps going. This would be a tough song to mix, having to hear it over and over again. Sounds like subwoofers are needed to playback this song with any justice. I think the bass balance might get a tad heavy at times.

A couple of problems I have with this...
-the sounds don't change often enough to keep the interest
-the music is fairly repetitive, and you want more...and it sounds programmed and lacks the *feel* of human interaction.
-the song lacks direction...it has not sense of a start, proceeding on...and an ending...not that these are necesary elements, but it sounds like disjointed segments, without a musical purpose
-Some really low synth low frequencies going on...many people won't hear that stuff on their systems, and to me, unfortunately is some of the neater stuff on this tune...(or most of the neat stuff, actually)

Lemme listen to your other one and see what's up...

spector gadget.

same problems with this song...
some neat arp/riffs....but that is the BULK of it. It makes me feel that something like this could be easily done on a good keyboard workstation in a couple of minutes...at least on some of the stuff I own, you could. If you played all this, I'd say bravo, but I know it has to be sequenced. If it was stepped sequenced (one note at a time), I'd still kinda be impressed...but it sounds like the machine doing all the work, and you're just picking out stuff you like and trying to make a song out of it.

I hesistate to be so harsh...but hopefully you can understand the points I am trying to make. Listen to some killer dance/trance music, and I think you'll get some good ideas.

btw, I love this kind of music, but I DO NEED change in the music to keep me happy. Just PURE TRANCE is a little monotonous for me, as it tends to "develop" slowly, musically, but usually has some pretty far out sounding stuff to it..

maybe, consider some of this stuff as idea A in a song, shorten it, and come up with idea B to add to it... Then...maybe come back to idea A in a lesser form....then, maybe idea C...then back to idea a. That [as an example] might make for a more musical production. (as a simple form format to start with) [form= ABaCa]...in a lot of electronic music, that's all you seem to get sometimes...but at least provides some changing interest...especially if it doesn't get past the 5 minute mark.

Out-damn-standing

Exactly the type of fb i was looking for. I hear what your saying about ear relief in Anurizm which satisfies my query about living up to its name, it is definately a repetitive unguided display of annoying hooliganism, so my goal is acheived. This was purely an attempt to constructively blow of steam untill i strayed from the higher freqs and started playing around with those tribal rythms then i figured what the hell ill turn it into a song.

Lacking human interaction? thats a good point. and the main reason i hate techno/trance, but its fun to make and thats what its all about.

Spector gadget was especially fun to make, even though i didnt get as far as i would of liked to with it , it's still good to get a solid opinion from somebody who sounds like they know what their saying.

your advice is highly valued. Thanx

wig....there doesn't seem to be a lot of pure electronic music at the clinic, and many people really enjoy it....and there's some really good here stuff too. Post some more when you have it, get the time...or whatever...and stick around.

Re: Out-damn-standing

Wig333 said:
it's still good to get a solid opinion from somebody who sounds like they know what their saying.

btw, sounding like you know what your saying is the trick;)

Interesting tunes. Do you play any instruments? It would be cool to put some real stuff in there too. That way it could be something different. The problem that I see is that though I know it takes talent to come up with an arrangement like that, it is hard to see that talent amist the computer generated samples. Thanks for the posts.

Fangar

Thanx for the comment Fangar, I play guitar mostly and my mission is to eventually incorporate it into the puter generated stuff once I get past my low budget restrictions. It does dissapoint me that the only thing I have to offer now is a series of looped sequences. Although I do put alot of time and effort into the coordination of notes and the tweaking of the actual sound samples I dont blame people when they think that the machine is doing all the work,(even though thats most definately not the case). One thing I try to do is transfer riffs i have created with a guitar onto the the computer grid note by note. I'm a sucker for the classic style of hardcore heavy metal type chug-chug and monster lead riffs.

wig,

I agree with mixmkr's comments. I thought it was decent for this style. I have a sub, so I listened to both twice.

cool.

later.

Much appreciated SABBATH, Those subs make a world of difference. My problem is that im restricted to a pair of sony earphones. Thats the only way I've ever heard my cuts.

Back