Another Zoom R8/R16/R24 Question

D'Lunacy

I'm a nimrod when it comes to this... I don't have the unit yet, and I want to know if there are additional items I need to purchase at the time I'm ordering it.

I'm wondering what the best way it to transfer the .wav files from the unit to my laptop. Does it transfer via the USB cable when controlling Cubase, or do you simply just go in through the mic input on the laptop.
As I said, I don't have the unit yet, so I can't "RTFM", as I've seen commented in other topics.. lol... It seems that going in through the mic input would be poor quality. Do I need some other type of interface?

Only thing I can think of off hand might be an extra SD memory card (up to 32gb), otherwise it has everything you need to get you you going. Transfer of files to and from a PC is done through USB in a similar way as you move files to and from a USB thumb drive.

Meander through these videos on the R24 and you may find something interesting....
YouTube

I never connect the R24 to my computer. I pull the SD card, plug it into the computer and copy them directly to a folder on my hard drive. I have over a dozen 16gb SD cards. If you think of a card like we used to think of tape, its really pretty cheap. You can buy SD cards for $7 or $8. Use them as permanent storage. You can drop it into an envelope, mark it with the session information, and you have permanent storage that will fit in a card file.

Back