Another wiring prob!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helmut

Hello there ppl, I am also on the lookout for a wiring diagram of a fender (stratocaster). I have extreme buzzzzzzezzzz on my bridge and neck pickups (only). I have tried to check for the obvious (earth etc.) but I can't find anything. So I want to replace all the pods and the selector switch (I think the prob lies with the selector switch).

Does anyone have some advice, I have no clue when it comes to wiring, so if i get the parts i will be helpless without a diagram or something of the sort.

Cheers ppl

why are you convinced that wiring problems would be behind this (buzzes)? Do you mean static, white or thermal noise, or pops and clicks? these would be electrical in nature, not buzzes.

Well I dont really know what u mean by white static or thermal noise, but maybe this will help:

Without distortion its fine, with distortion the noise starts, as soon as i put my hand on the strings, the noise stops (relatively). I have used the guitar in many different locations and on different amps with different distortion methods and it always does it.

I have checked the earth (in other treads pplo mentioned the same prob was cuased by bad earthing) and it seems fine.

What else could cause humming?

Single Coil Pick-ups are noisy bastards....

If you are near light dimmers, ceiling fans, floresant lights...they will all cause a hum...

try a different cable....

clean cable jacks....

60 cycle hum

If you have true single coils you are going to have hum. If it is quiet in the 2nd and 5th position that means that the middle pickup is reverse wound reverse polarity making any combination of middle and front or rear pickups act as a humbucker.It's easy to hear, move from one pickup to two and see if the noise stops.

Back