Another VF160 editing thread...

theletterq

Ok so I took the foray into editing on the VF160 and a couple of questions arose.

For editing some errant snare hits, I used the Move command which for some reason left the original hit in place. When played back, I heard the original hit along with the newly pasted one. Shouldn't it of taken the original and actually moved to the new position?

Second, what do you guys do about drum overheads when editing? After pasting a new hit, you will be left with the original out-of-time hit in the overheads.

Thanks for your patience with all of this...

Originally posted by theletterq
Ok so I took the foray into editing on the VF160 and a couple of questions arose.

For editing some errant snare hits, I used the Move command which for some reason left the original hit in place. When played back, I heard the original hit along with the newly pasted one. Shouldn't it of taken the original and actually moved to the new position?

Be sure to cut instead of copy.

Second, what do you guys do about drum overheads when editing? After pasting a new hit, you will be left with the original out-of-time hit in the overheads.

Thanks for your patience with all of this...

You'll have to cut the over-head tracks as well. Which is cake on a fostex once you get the edit points set. just arm/disarm the proper tracks, etc. etc. The other option is to mixdown the drum tracks and cut/paste a stereo drum track instead of multiple tracks.

JR#97 said:
Be sure to cut instead of copy.

Well there are only two commands, copy and move and I used move. According to the manual, that takes the specified points and moves them to the clipboard which can then be placed wherever you want.

Back