Another track for those keen intellectuals...

BrettMckinney

Ok..after high demand..not, here is my second track...
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2911&alid=-1

Its named, 'In the middle'.

After my first song, i decided i needed to do something with my drums..as whoever listened to it would testify. So i checked out Fruity loops. This was my first attempt at doing drums and i was attempting to get a realistic sounding drumkit on a rocksong.
Well it does sound kinda bodgy, but whoever it was that said cheap bongos would've been better than my midi..hope this is better.

Not too fond of the vocals..but i cant keep myself happy all the time.

So this is a more upbeat rock/alternative song...hope it makes someone out there jingle around a bit :)

a good rythym track. I don`t like the FL kick and snare though. They are still a bit alien to the smooth of the rest of the mix. The kick needs some of that top eq`'d off and add a little thump around 110 or so. the snare could use some mids on it. The singing is cool and the guitar riffs are muscular and clean.

Thanks for listening. Yeah i'm a bit unimpressed with the drums too..i was having a hard time finding some decent samples. But with a bit of eq'ing i guess i could neat them up a bit.

Thanks for your advice!

I do not dig the distortion on the vocal...not that I don't like that kind of thing just this example.

Back