Another thread from me (Vocal booth ?)

gec

So I am going to begin doing some construction in my home for a vocal booth..... Recieved alot of information in here on the soundproofing aspect, so thank you all for answering everyone elses questions on that. My question is quite simple..... What is a good room size? I've read so many different posts/articles and they all say something different. So I look to old faithful (HR.COM) for the answer.

I am having the contractor start the project next week, we would be using the booth for vocals only.........

Thanks..........oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Particle board or sheet rock that is the question

I recently finished a 6' wide x 4' deep x 7' high vocal booth.

The 7' measurement I couldn't do a thing about, low ceiling. However 4'x6' measurement is the smallest measurement I could get away with while still having room for an acoustic guitar player sitting on a stool. Or two singers. Or this keyboard player I really don't like :-D. Make the vocal booth as large as possible for comfort. If you don't use it a lot, make it smaller. If you have a lot of available space, 6'x6' is quite nice actually. If you're cramming your studio into a bedroom, well, 4'x4' is about as small as I'd be willing to go. And that often eliminates thinly challenged vocalists as well as anyone with an instrument.

*I* would use heavier, thicker materials of different types to layer on the walls to reduce LF transmission, then foam the inside.

Back