Another Sunrise

Track Rat

Just Your Average Sized Member
This is another tune that's part of a project I've been working on with a group of Viet Nam vets. The lyrics are by a great guy I know only as Wild Bill. I tried to put some chords around what he wrote. He plays bass on this one. I thought I'd put this one up as Veterans Day is upon us.
Another Sunrise

Mike Greenup - N o W h e r e R a d i o . c o m

I listened to Cork, is that the song you meant?

Nice recording, sounds big and airy.

Music and song sounds real good, nice work!

Not too shabby, Mike. The timing isn't super-solid, but for a rough mix, this works just fine. I didn't listen super-critically, and I'm on ear-buds now, and the only thing I noticed was an occasional timing problem, but that's probably only because I'm a drummer. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Really good job. I like the space and depth of the mix. I like the hesitant strum on the acoustics.

I find myself wanting the lead vocal to be a slight bit louder. I'd also like to hear the song break stride, like a bridge or a second solo that is more aggresive, to kind of match the feel of the lyrics, then go back to the sedated pace and finish out the song.

Or, leave it like it is, 'cause it's good to go.
Cool, thanks for sharing.

I really appriciate all the comments. The timing things may be the way I played the acoustic guitars. I was trying for that hesitant strum which in retrospect may give it that out of time feel.
All the guys I've workd with on this project have PTSD, hence the somber nature of these tunes.
It's an interesting idea for another section. I've purposly have tried not to "over produce" these and stay out of the way of their lyrics. My intention was to just provide a frame around their words.
Again, thanks for the comments.

Ooops, maybe hesitant wasn't the right word. I certainly wasn't inferring that your timing was off. I liked how you didn't strum on every beat. You kept it very open to let other instruments have their space. I really like that arrangement.

Back