Another song to review

Hey, not too bad - in fact, good enough that I spent 15 minutes trying to find lyrics to be sure was a commercial release before I deleted it! (been having a lot of problems with myspace jerkoffs uploading copyrighted material......)

Anyway, NICE WORK! :D

sweet NL5.. glad ya thought it was a commercial tune....shows im learning something off this site!....thanks for the listen :D

I really like the ballsy low end of the guitar. You notice it in the intro before the bass comes in. Singer's great - kind of theatrical and pretty much always in tune. I like the rhythmic change-up that happens with the quarter note triplets, first at 2:05. Unusual snare sound but good - like the springs were removed. All in all sounded well balanced on my system.

Tim

Hmmmm... I like the music!! Pretty cool shit, really. To be honest, everything sounded really good. But, to my ears, the guitars and bass were too far beneath the snare and vocals. Especially the vocals. I thought he was too loud. Good singer, but too loud. I would try to get him more "in" the music than way up "on top" of it. ANd the snare was distractingly loud - IMO. But I dig it!! I hope to post some of my shit here in a few weeks and have you guys rip it apart for me!! :p

Omg I love the the vocalist. Perfect sound for the kind of music you're going for. Reminds me of Godsmack except less artificial and more awesome :-)

The snare is a little too forward for me. It's at that perfect, simple beat almost the whole song, so it gets kind of redundant, especially because you can hear it over everything else. Other than that, I think the whole thing is really well done.

Just on a less mix-specific note... I've always felt like metal guitar FX are always crying for more (err) punch. The super-heavy compression + distortion let's it scream so amazingly that the hairs on your arm will stand on end, but, for example, in the intro... it just feels... lacking. I guess it just needs some good drums to really add its much-wanted kick.

yeah the drummer had only a weeks practice at it before we tracked him...nothing like a little pressure! ...thanks for listening!

I guess i got some work to do now...thanks for the direction all! :D

Back