another question with Aark direct pro 24/96

Phil

First off, what an addicting hobby.

I am having a hard time recording two mics at once. I am a singer songwriter and sometimes I want to get the live feel of a song so I'll try and mic the guitar while I sing into another mic.

Track 1 in input 1 works fine and is normal. However the track 2, which i use as input 3 on the breakout box, looks strange. It has the normal wave audio file, but then there is a second flat line below it. Then it sounds as if it is only coming through the left speaker. I've tried all the obvious fixes. I just want to know why it has that second line that is just flat on the bottom?

Phil:
How's it going?! It sounds to me like your recording in stereo in the n-track settings. The solution is one of two things, and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong here, you caneither record in mono of off inputs one and three ( I can't seem to record in mono from insert 2 and 4) or record stereo to two mono tracks and set it it up the channels in the middle box on the recording vu meter where it says rec-new,new. You can change the stereo to mono, etc in the settings box on the vu meter. also make sure you have upgraded your n ttrack to v 2.1 so you can the 24 bit support for the direct pro. I am having millions of small to moderate hangups with n-track and I am seriously considering cool edit pro or cubase since the card was designed with these programs in mind.

Back