Another puzzling problem with sonar?

dave419

Hey again,

Sonar has thrown me another side ball that I just can't figure out.

I have recently reinstalled windows on my computer and cleaned the whole thing up. I reinstalled all my home studio software, checking as I was going and everything was working fine.

I opened up a project today to keep working on it and suddenly when I play back whenever there is sound there is this weird fluttering noise, it almost sounds like the stutter you get when your system is about to drop out due to processor overloading.

First off I tried playing with my latency in the audio options and interestingly found that by changing the latency the speed of this fluttering sound changed with it, so for a low latency I have a very fast stutter and for a high latency a very slow stutter.

I've been playing with my audio settings and cant find anything that seems to help. I've tried other projects and despite running fine before today since the reinstall, now they have the same problem. I've opened up other audio processing programs (reason and fruity loops) and they work fine. So I'm pretty sure it isn't my sound card.

I'm fairly certain it has something to do with either a global setting or one of the audio settings but I just can't figure out what it is so if anyone has any suggestions as to what I might try please let me know as I would be most grateful.

Dave

I have run the wave profiler yes , and to no avail.

Also I have just completely reinstalled cakewalk from scratch and that hasn't helped. I'm at a complete loss.

Had this happen to me a while back when I upgraded a computer. This computer was not the recording station, but another I used elsewhere that just used the computers' on-board card. Took a while to figure out. From memory I think it was the 'buffers in playback queue' in the audio options that fixed it for me.

Back