Another original

Tried to download the tune but your server's r-e-a--l---l-------y slow. I'll try later.

Tim

Wasn't to bad for me. 200+/-bps

Anyhow, pretty cool song. Vox tracking could use a little help. Lotta pops and it sounds very stuffy.
Guitars sound good, mixed prett good.

Hey, it's coming through OK now - about 24 kbps. This morning I don't remember the speed but it was going to take about an hour according to the download window, heh-heh.

About the song: It has a gentle melancholy feel to it and I like the vocal sonorities and guitars, especially the brief lead line. The main and BG vocals have a distant chant-like sound like one is listening in a concert hall from 30 ft away, which is nice, but the guitars and drums have a closer sound, which creates an odd ensemble effect. So my suggestion would be to bring the main vox up more to the front of the mix, making it more articulate - tinker with compression, EQ, short room-like reverb, maybe retracking going for a little more clarity. It's a pretty tune.

Tim

Thanks for the good feedback guys, a lot of positive criticism. I think I agree with everything said. I would make the changes suggested but I think I lost the original tracks :( Still, this was a very experimental song so I will remember the comments for next time.

Back