Another noise problem.....

Davenhurst

Not exactly a studio building problem, more the classic pissed-off-neighbours problem.

I currently have my drums in a spare room in my flat, there's a couple living underneath us and families on either side. Drums make noise, some people don't like noise. They don't know what's good for them.

Anyway, we have another spare (but small) room upstairs, only one wall of which has anyone on the other side. So, what i want to do is bulk out the walls and floor enough to allow me to hit the drums at least moderately hard without annoying the folks next door. I've attached a rough plan of the room, excuse the novice approach to my drawing, do you think it's realistic to significantly cut down the noise going through the left wall, bearing in mind i can pad out those recesses as much as necessary and can come in at least a foot all round with deadening materials.

What i'm thinking is buiding a riser for the floor to fill with sand or something and using shit loads of material attached to a framework on all walls and corners. My budget is low, and i mean LOW, so i would have to improvise with materials (matresses, blankets and so on).

Any ideas?

ok, so i can't hotlink to my image. Balls.

I'll get an image sorted....

In the meantime, any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

roomlayout2sg.jpg

and i have to put this link......

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Back