Another need help question/ Copying CE/AA

sicvita

yeah, if you remember I posted a week or two ago about my computer's sound card messing up, well, I need a new one installed, which mean I gotta send it away for a while. now I have another problem, i need to finish some of my projects ASAP (I gotta short film soundtracking job that I've been working on since the beginning of school, crucial to my grade), but don't have a way of doing so; so the question now is, can I copy my cool edit pro to my newer computer from the messed up one? I have an older version of Cool Edit, have no clue where the install disc is anymore, so is there another way to do it? Can I burn a copy of it from my old HD, and then load it onto my new comp? where would I do that from as well, 'my program files'?anyway, please help, thanks in advance.

edit: also, I only have a CD burner for my older/messed up comp, it's a notebook, so could I burn a copy of it to CD, then reinstall it and do the whole serial number thing again. where is the thing I need to copy?

If you installed it from a CD like you said, I don't think there's going to be anything on your computer that you can burn to another computer. Usually, the ".exe" file isn't copied onto the computer from a disk.

Chris, that must be true. I fried my recording computer in February and thought I was OK because I had saved AA to a CDR. Not so! I had to go back to Adobe for a fresh download (luckily this was while Adobe was still offering the free CEP-AA upgrade) to get Audition back.

Back