another mix'n go round

ez-e

Well, I did another mix of a song I posted a while back...took everyone's comments into consideration...please take a listen again and let 'em rip again!

http://www.fishbrainrecords.com/seth.htm

Mix #3 is the latest :)

did some EQ'n and some stereo pan'n and some other stuff....I'd like to hear your opinions...

thanks everyone....

ez

Suggestion.......

You may want to find a quicker webhost or something because downloading from that site is SLOW!!!!!

Again, cymbals are really distracting in the chorus......

The snare has quite a bit of punch to it....was kind of taken a back at it at first but personally I think it is a pretty cool sound. Others may disagree but it sounds pretty cool.

On the bridge (my guess that it is the bridge) when you pan the main vocals to the right, not good man. Not in my face enough.......

I think I have said this before, this is a cool song. I personally think it has a definite "Adult-Alternative, could see it on the radio" etc....sound

Good Luck!

thanks nutdot

so do the instruments have more seperation on this mix? that was your "biggest qualm" last time (and that's what I worked on the most)

not sure what to do w/the cymbals......guess I need to play more w/EQ or something, cuz I don't really think they will want to retrack at this point...

I agree on the bridge thingy, I was just playing around and trying some different things :), I'm sure I'll do it all in full stereo when it's final.....guess it really depends on what the band wants..(I'm actually thinking about trying to do like a telephone type, real nasal sound on that part...just haven't done that mix yet)

on the snare, yeah I dig that sound too....it's almost overbearing, but at the same time, I think it has a good sound to it :D...

yeah, my website can be slow....I was playing online video games, and also had morpheus up when you where downloading...plus, I didn't realize it and the mp3 is like 256 bit rate, so it is a bit on the fat side...

I appreciate your comments...

Yeah, seperation is quite a bit better.....

And I totally agree with the snare sound man. At first I was like, "Woah, damn that is in YOUR face" but it actually sounds pretty cool....

About the cymbals, shoot man, maybe try taking them out altogether......

Sounds much better, making great progress.

Not sure if you already said this, but what equipment did you use for this song?

Last edited:
equipment list

I used the following gear:

PIII 1.0Ghz machine, 256MB RAM, win2k, n-track, cool edit 2000, delta 1010, carvin studio mate mixer

sm57s on everything except: sm58 on vox, beta52 on kick drum, seinheisser E604s on the toms...direct outs on bass guitar and one of the electric guitars..

monitor setup: carvin srs6.5 monitors, carvin 600watt power amp

uhhh...think that's it...

the band used a couple of les pauls, taylor acoustics, line6 amps, tama kit w/zildjian cymbals...

Back