Another challenge. Thanks Mixmkr

Don't know if you've heard of "Goodbye Blue Sky" by Pink Floyd, this song reminds me a little of that song, of course, without the creepy feeling:D

I definitely like this song, very peaceful, and that change around 1:00 gives the song a nice contrast. Hey, have you considered taking some formal traning in classical guitar? I took 1 semester of classical guitar, and it was an eye-opener for me. I think you've already got a little of that style in your playing, a class would definitely push it further. Just a thought.

Great job, man

Al

Erland said:
I tryed and my Spanish is very bad

Ah, so your english is better? ;) LOL :D

Hey, I'm learning my english from you guys...please watch your grammar and spelling ;)

Very nice this new song. Just lovely. Almost on the verge of being too nice, if you know what I mean. You're still breathtakenly good, even in 'very bad' spanish.

Ah, my player switched to Hollywoodnose. Excellent. Still think SLuiCe and I should try a cover, but we don't have time....unfortunately. Now if somebody pays us...that could change things of course. LOL :D

Thanks,

Tjarko (smartass)

Hola senor Erlando! Beautiful music once again. I'm no expert, but the spanish didn't sound bad to me. I could even understand some of the lines. No one's here but me? Let us know when the CD is available.

Twist

Coop - You have my admiration and respect...You also have some decent guitar chops. Not easy to create an actual groove with one nylon stringed guitar, but you did it very well.

Sonically, there's kind of a hiss over the track that sounds like maybe a plate verb of some sort that you may or may not want to tame. Honestly, it's really most evident when you're talking...b/c it drops out. So maybe just start the tune with the music - Kind of like the theory that sometimes it's better to leave a hissy track ON instead of muting it when its part is over b/c dropping the hiss OUT makes the hiss noticeable.

You freaking rule, btw. Probably the most easy to listen to stuff in my collection of homegrown artists. You have some real gifts...please continue to waste them here :D

i stopped listening for critical mixing and recording issues a long time ago. like after i listened to 'from a boy to a girl' :) i just listen now and enjoy. i suspect most others here do that as well.

this one mic, an outrageous talent and his guitar method reminds me of something i heard on a bob marley collection once. it's bob in his apartment playing a medley of a bunch of his songs i think. just him and his guitar. it's so honest and beautiful you don't care about the sound quality. in fact it sounds more authentic that way.

can't wait for the cd erland. hopefully it gets into the right hands and someone else can pay for the production from now on. you better make a lot of em mate, i know i'm ordering more than one myself. :).

Sorry man... I haven't been around much lately... but I just wanted to stop in to reconfirm the fact that I still hate you. :p

That was great man. You can write great tunes in any language (as I expected :p)

...and the best part was when you said "Home recording dot com" with that pseudo-Spanish/Scottish accent.... that was awesome. :D

WATYF

WATYF said:
Sorry man... I haven't been around much lately... but I just wanted to stop in to reconfirm the fact that I still hate you. :p

That was great man. You can write great tunes in any language (as I expected :p)

Wait a sec, I hate him more!! And my envy stretches deeper into my pitiful soul!

:p

It took me hearing you sing in Spanish to realize why I dig your stuff -- you sound a lot like Dave Matthews, especially in the accent/emphasis of the words, way in which you hold notes, etc... I'm a bit of a Matthews fan, which may be why I heard it, but definitely explains why I enjoy your stuff even though it falls pretty far out of my normal listening genre.

It's a nice piece (don't know what you're saying). The guitar work's nice (though you lose time in a couple spots), and the harmonies are nice. I guess it gets a "nice" rating.

I like the use of Engrish at the end, adds a bilungual dimension for the more worldly listener :p.

Thanks

Sorry for not replying until now and thanks for listening. It means a lot.

A1A2. Hi Al. Good to hear from ya. I`m going to find that track. I would love to get a lesson on guitar but even piano and singing would be great. The more you learn the better I think. Good thought. Thanks a lot for listeining

Hi Pedulist. Thanks for having a wee listen. Yup, sorry bout that. I suppose the song is over nice becasue I was just trying to give it a shot and my vocabulary is limited. The melody is simple too ofcourse. Thanks for that mate.Hollywood nose hug, very cool of you to say! Cheers Tjarko.

Hola twist. Yup thats spot on. Waiting, nobody here, just waiting for me kindof stuff. I`ll let you know for sure. Thanks for listening.

Hi chrisharris, thats a real nice thing to say, thankyou for checking this one out man. Chris, I sat put the dynamic about half ameter away from me and the guitar and just played and sang. The hiss is everything in the middle. I then actually added a little ahrmony to see what is sounded liek. Cheating, not really one track then. Always a charmer. Thanks man.

erichenryus. Hey, thaks for the kind words and listeing to this simple tune. That was a really nice thing to say and I look farward to speaking to you later. Cheers.

WATYF. GREAT to hear from you. Thanks for your kind hatred too. Lol. Thanks again. I have a surpirse for you.

Pinky. Lol. Thank Pinky. Nice. Nice one man. How charmingly nice. Sorry about the timing, I suppose I just got carried away whisly singing it and speeded up a bit. Anyway, thanks for listeing to this one aswell. Bye.

Thanks guys

Erland

Back