Another Brick in the Wall - Pink Floyd Cover

OK, here' a few things as I listen...

The drums: The hats are edgy. Actually, the rhythm guitar on the left is the only thing that isn't edgy and crispy, so it has a distorted sort of soundfield; artificial spaces. Needs more kick! Go get yerself a cheap bass at a pawnshop or something; give this the arse it deserves... :)

Vox: not as bad as you think, don't bother hiding them. Their absence is conspicuous.

Arrangement: Once you get into the body, since you have no bass guitar at all, you should do quarter note kicks on the bass to drive the groove harder.

Great job on the closing solo!!

Llarion said:
OK, here' a few things as I listen...

The drums: The hats are edgy. Actually, the rhythm guitar on the left is the only thing that isn't edgy and crispy, so it has a distorted sort of soundfield; artificial spaces. Needs more kick! Go get yerself a cheap bass at a pawnshop or something; give this the arse it deserves... :)

Vox: not as bad as you think, don't bother hiding them. Their absence is conspicuous.

Arrangement: Once you get into the body, since you have no bass guitar at all, you should do quarter note kicks on the bass to drive the groove harder.

Great job on the closing solo!!

Llarion,
really thanks for listening and commenting.

I don't think I can do anything about drums synth for now. But I will definitely go for a bass guitar. I am right now using 2 lower strings (EA) of my strat to get bass sounds.

cheers

suite.emotions said:
Llarion,
really thanks for listening and commenting.

I don't think I can do anything about drums synth for now. But I will definitely go for a bass guitar. I am right now using 2 lower strings (EA) of my strat to get bass sounds.

cheers
Yeah, anything to fatten up the bottom, it will take some of that perceived edge off...

Pretty cool. Huge Floyd fan here.

The sound of the vox is very good. Or, it would be good if it were a little louder in the mix and at least half of the verb was rolled off. Strat sounds are all pretty nice. Again maybe too much reverb. Seems like some of the delay timing, or playing, is a bit off time.

I bet this was fun to work on. Keep at it, mate.

Back