Another ACID construction

AlChuck

Another ACID construction... collaged me up a bunch of loops and nudged them around and clipped and snipped until I liked what I had, then whipped out the old guitar, plugged into the POD, and improvised something on top of it.

Last edited:
I'm out of my element critiquing this style of music, but I really dug it. Several cool rhythms to groove to, that all work together, and a few lead parts that are sorta independent yet also work well together. I think you could keep my interest for another minute or two easily with that song. Jam it out a bit further.

Great groove - well mixed.

I kept waiting for the guitar to jump out and shred a few bars, then fade back into the sonic landscape.

andyhix, thanks. Maybe I will work on it a bit more. I like what it does and perhaps there's something I can do to extend it and also refine it so it goes somewhere.

It's curious sometimes the way improvisation can give you things that can be fleshed out. I like to work this way since it's so natural and involves so little conscious thought. Of course, the hard part is working and polishing them snippets, which does take conscious thought, and I find it very hard to focus my energies that way, for some reason.

Phyl, thanks also. I'm not really a guy who shreds very much, I try to focus more on breathing and space, and of course the almighty groove is the key to the universe...

Bad choice of words on my part - I've heard your jazz playing, always like to hear your chops.

Back