Analyzing and/or checking the 'ring' on my mp3/WAV file ..

Rainbowler

Greetings -

Was wondering if I might be able to find some help with establishing the 'best' way to take care of a VERY slight ring on my recordings. I am a voice-over artist, and have a studio set-up in my living room. On an office desk I have my computer from which I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0. (I also have Audition 2.0, but seem to go back to Cool Edit Pro 2.0 most of the time because I seem to be more comfortable with it). It is my intention to apply for membership to an
'accredited' V/O site which requires fairly strict audio standards. I am hoping that I may be able to get some help in this forum with two or three of the requirements (where I may possibly be not quite up to standard) so as to make sure that the audio demos I submit to the site will be satisfactory. Perhaps I could send a couple of clips to someone for analysis/approval .. (?) The audio requirements of the association may be found at www.savoa.org under the 'Accreditation Requirements' tab ..

Many thanks ..

I assume its where you are recording is an open area. That could be a cause for the slight ring. Your voice is traveling around the room and coming back to the mic. If you have a coat closet in that room that is full, try placing the mic in front of it and talk to your coats:)

Thanks very much indeed for this .. There's no closet in the living-room unfortunately .. would SOME kind of fold-out screen (so that it surrounds my chair) do the trick .. and maybe a couple of towels on the desk surface .. (?)

Back