Analog synth for sale: Akai AX60

sizzlemeister

Akai AX60 for sale...

akaax6002.jpg

(this isn't the actual synth for sale, just a reference picture)

I just gave this synth a checkup and it's in great shape. The memory battery is kicking out the proper voltage. All sliders are present and functional. No scratchy pots or the like. All keys work. Cosmetically there are a few scratches here and there but the thing is 20 years old and for all intents and purposes are minimal and overall the thing looks good.

The AX60 is one of the last VCO polysynths from the '80s - based on the CEM 3394 chip (used in the Sequential Circuits SixTrak ,Split 8, and Max, some Simmons drum modules, and many stand-up video games). Very sweet CEM sound - I did a comparison with my other Sequential synths and the oscillators sound exactly the same while the filters share similar characterstics. It's a great synth with MIDI, an arp, and a full front-end of sliders and buttons.

Anyway, since it sounds like my other CEM synths it's kind of redundant to have.

I'm looking for $265 plus shipping. Paypal or money orders - I'll split the Paypal fee with you. References available.

Back