Analog delay w/ more than 300ms

rbnalv7

I already have a Way Huge Aqua Puss which is great for shorter delays, but I'm looking for something else for my 'board for anything longer than 300ms. I don't want to spend too much (£110 max).

The Boss analog delay is only 300ms max.

If you want more than that with an analog delay...you're going to have to pay.
I think it's like $50/100ms for anything over 300ms. :D ;)

Yeah...I was half-kidding...but I don't think you'll find anything really longer than that in a simple stomp pedal.

I searched long and hard for real long analog delay. I have a nice tape delay unit, vintage Multivox, similar to the Roland Space Echo...endless tape loop, etc. I wanted a pedal that was analog but could do real long stuff....in the end, I went with a Pigtronix Echolution, which is a hybrid analog/digital.

I also have a Vox Time Machine (the one that Satriani endorsed, the green unit) that I use in the studio when I'm just jamming. It does the delay digitally, but the dry stays analog.
It's nice...I just find it's got too much level even when I have it practically off....where I want just that "shadow delay" sound, and not the distinct ping delay.
It seems all the delay boxes are like that...way over the top in the amount of delay you get even at low level settings.

Anyway the Echolution kicks ass...and it's like so much more than a "delay"....but it may be overkill for a simple delay stomp to have on your pedal board.

I think he'd have better luck with a tape delay versus an analog for that much delay. Analog really falls off after 300ms.

JHS Panther Cub is analog and has 1000ms of delay. But out of your stated budget. I love mine, but I'm still getting to know it.

The Jet City Amplification The Flood Analog Delay has 550ms of delay and it's within your budget.

I was considering the Joyo Analog Delay as well as the Marshall EchoHead. Any experience with these?

Back