An interesting conundrum...

Zeppelin456

Banana Co

Hi...I haven't posted anything here in a long time but I've been lurking...I've decided to come back out to post this song that I recorded with my friend Spencer. We're both freshmen at NYU and we've been working on an album together, under Spencer's name since they are mostly his songs, but I've been playing the role of very involved producer (like Jon Brion or the guy who produces Broken Social Scene). I was just wondering what people thought of this rough mix so far...my main question is, what do I do with this song? I feel like I COULD pack it full of sonically interesting things, but part of me just wants to leave it in its spare form. What would YOU do if you had this sitting on your computer?

This song was recorded in Garageband and exclusively uses natural room reverb. I mic'd the room with my Oktava MK012s for everything we tracked and I avoided any effects at all, I think the result is good. The song needs a title though, so if anyone has anything good, we might just use it. Anyways, hope to get some feedback...thanks a lot.

Good name... Zeppelin rocks!
Anyway, the song... good sounds... dreamy and vocals sound good.
No real recommenations from me, just that it sounded good. Maybe throwing a bass part in there here and there would mix it up some and fill up parts more.
Sounded good, good luck ;)

Very beatle eeeee in the meoldy only sleeping/fixing a hole,
nice work. More instruments are needed - esp bass but not a wild collection of oddment - rather an odd bit here and there PLUS the spoons/sticks/drums need to come out of twee land occassionally to ground the piece - with bass to give some bottom, they are also very extremely panned & don't necessarily sit in the song too well.
Keep on with it - nice start.
Cheers
rayC

Back