An aussie buying equipment

Special K

I am going to buy a pair of Behringer Truths and a Rode NT2

Now my local music show sells the Truths for $1500 and the NT2 for $925 [all aussie dollars]

With behringer setting up their own distribution in Australia, it means that the prices are cheaper... I found on the Aussie Behringer website that the truths should sell for $1299. Are there any Aussie online places that sell these pieces of equipment for their actual RRP?

Cheers,

K

G'day there Special K - this is Boo Boo Foo from Southport, Gold COast, QLd so I'm just writing to give you some advice on pricing with regards to Australian purchases etc.

My experience so far is this - if I'm buying software I'm very comfortable doing so overseas via the web.

However, with hardware, I've already purchased a few things over the web which simply did not work out at all well with my own various computer setups and quite simply, I just had to throw the money I spent out the window because the hardware wasn't worth a damn to me. And yet, I couldn't return the goods.

So whatever the price incentive might be to buy some hardware over the web, don't do it - for two reasons - firstly; the customs boys are only going to intercept your purchase anyway and charge you the GST component you would normally pay at any rate, and secondly; you have no ability to exchange goods or obtain warrnty claims.

Why specifically the Truths and the NT2........?

I would be approaching your local store and asking them to match prices, pronto. It seems like they may be holding out passing the Behringer reductions on.............if they have Truths in stock, odds are they are ex-musiclink, which could be why they want the higher price. Just trying to recoup their costs. BTW, who is this "local" store?

As for the NT2........there are a couple of other mics available for similar prices that should be considered.

Well it just so happens that I live in the same suburb as Pro Audio...they are my local!

I called Behringer Australia (as we all know they are now handling the distribution) and they quoted the Truths at $1299. Pro Audio were quoting at $1500, but I think that it was just a mistake by the new guy. I can get discounts from Pro Audio anyway, so I will be pursuing that option (considering the truths have come down from $1999 in the last few months, I think it is a bargin!). They did get new stock in, but they sold out instantly, so the next shipment is in about 4 weeks...I am looking forward to them.

As for the NT2, I had a trial in the store the other day, comparing to the NT3, NTK and NT1000...and I found that I liked the NT2 over the others. It is so precise and clear - I love it....also it is fairly versatile, so I can use it on a few instruments (namely accoustic guitar, vocals and sax)

go you good thing!

K

Back