an audio interface for the time being

Gaviao

So eventually I want to get either a presonus firestudio or a tascam 1641 to use with a mac mini(with upgraded memory), but I still need to get the memory upgrade, a monitor, a mouse, and speakers to get the mac recording setup up and running. So....

Since I'm itching to get recording I was thinking about getting a 2 input usb audio interface to use with my dell laptop to get started... plus I feel that I could use the laptop/small interface for portable recording later on.

Right now I'm between these two:

http://tinyurl.com/6zlvcj

http://tinyurl.com/qarhqz

Thoughts? Also I'm open to suggestions if you think there's another interface that I should take a look at. I would like to keep the budget to $200 max.

Thanks!

Judging by the reviews, I'd go with the first one
Good forethought, by the way.
It's always handy to have a spare soundcard.

I wouldn't touch anything with Dice-2 in it with a ten foot pole.

The fastrak pro is a good suggestion, just be sure its one made after they fixed the problem where output was feeding back into the input.

I wouldn't touch anything with Dice-2 in it with a ten foot pole.

The fastrak pro is a good suggestion, just be sure its one made after they fixed the problem where output was feeding back into the input.

Im really looking into buying a fast track pro........ I've never heard of this problem before. Im glad you mentioned that!!!!!!

Do you know when this problem was fixed, or is there a way of knowing old from new?

Thanks man.

Im really looking into buying a fast track pro........ I've never heard of this problem before. Im glad you mentioned that!!!!!!

Do you know when this problem was fixed, or is there a way of knowing old from new?

Thanks man.

The last time I have heard of this happening I think was 2007. I asked back then if theres a way through serial number or whatever to know if you had a good one, but midiman wouldnt email me back about it.

As long as you get it from a place that has a decent return policy, itll be fine. Frutrating though it may be, youll know 5 minutes from opening the box once you drive all the way home :)

I'm a fan of the Fast Track Pro and bought mine in 2007.
Never experienced your problem or ever heard of it.
I'd trust it.

Back