An anger fuelled, stress motivated hip hop - rock song

kratos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP5qvve2OCo

man i made this song to the best of my ability...
beat, lyrics and vid.

i put out all my anger and frustrations in this song since i felt like that when I made it.

To be honest thats the best i can do with my level of producing...vocals may be clipping because i was shouting at a dynamic mic...i know that...

NICE... This is powerful stuff! I'm hooked, you got more? :D

Youtube can do strange stuff to audio and video, but your voice didn't sound like it was clipping anywhere. It was actually quite smooth throughout.

I think it's ready for prime time. Broadcast it to the masses!

NICE... This is powerful stuff! I'm hooked, you got more? :D

Youtube can do strange stuff to audio and video, but your voice didn't sound like it was clipping anywhere. It was actually quite smooth throughout.

I think it's ready for prime time. Broadcast it to the masses!

Man thanks for your comment...:)
I'd say the only reason why i didn't make the vocals loud enough was that I wasn't really confident that my anger fuelled shouting voice would make people listen to it...hence i turned it a bit down :S

And how exactly do i broadcast it to the masses since i use youtube mainly :S

Last edited:
And how exactly do i broadcast it to the masses since i use youtube mainly :S

This is good stuff so I think just sending this to everyone you know or other musicians in your scene helps. Everything starts with creating buzz and once they realize the product is the shit they will support it and want more.

I Goggled "Sir Ibby" and you do have quite some presence so I guess it's just about hitting up everyone and not backing down. (A bunch of your other Youtube videos have been pulled down?)

Just gotta get people hooked :D

This is good stuff so I think just sending this to everyone you know or other musicians in your scene helps. Everything starts with creating buzz and once they realize the product is the shit they will support it and want more.

I Goggled "Sir Ibby" and you do have quite some presence so I guess it's just about hitting up everyone and not backing down. (A bunch of your other Youtube videos have been pulled down?)

Just gotta get people hooked :D

Yh I did make a couple of remixes and covers before but they were not received very well by the ppl. Hence I decided to start again rethink my strategy and come back doing my own thing..

Good look on the post, it takes courage to put that shit out in the open and you receive my respect for that.

Work on complicating your rhyme schemes and grammar. You don't want to fall into too much of a pattern without flipping the script on your listener to where they can only react, "Oh shit, there he goes".

Good look on the post, it takes courage to put that shit out in the open and you receive my respect for that.

Work on complicating your rhyme schemes and grammar. You don't want to fall into too much of a pattern without flipping the script on your listener to where they can only react, "Oh shit, there he goes".

Thanks man. What do you mean by flipping the script?

Excellent...really good job

Production wise its hard to critique due to youtubes quality but that sounded good to me, the vocals were a bit raw but anything too polished rapping on this subject would just sound fake

I like the subject material and I hope your shit doesnt get better if its going to keep you angry and writing stuff like this ;) though the way the US is just now its unlikely to change for a while

Production wise its hard to critique due to youtubes quality but that sounded good to me, the vocals were a bit raw but anything too polished rapping on this subject would just sound fake

I like the subject material and I hope your shit doesnt get better if its going to keep you angry and writing stuff like this ;) though the way the US is just now its unlikely to change for a while

Thanks. Dont care if its "radio" material or not. I just had to get this tune out.
I will have more songs up soon.
Im actually from the UK btw.

Thanks. Dont care if its "radio" material or not. I just had to get this tune out.
I will have more songs up soon.
Im actually from the UK btw.

you know Ive got you confused with a guy from San Fran...I shoulda guessed..paki isnt really a word really thrown around here...not when ragheads in full swing ;)

Im from the UK originally myself, I look forward to the next one

Excellent work, I like the simple video, it goes with the song well. Good mix.

Really good work man, I'm loving your vocal style, very original. Tight production.

Only thing I'd recommend is bring the instruments down at points, even panned as they are they sometimes bury your vocals, which should be the focal point.

Really good work man, I'm loving your vocal style, very original. Tight production.

Only thing I'd recommend is bring the instruments down at points, even panned as they are they sometimes bury your vocals, which should be the focal point.

Yh a lot of people on these forums have told me that the vocals were a bit low. I dont know for me at that time it seemed alright but i guess I'll have to alter it for the album version.

Uploaded 2 new songs on this thread now:
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=314653

Back