an acoustic rock tune: "Hightime"

Very cool groove! the guitar interplay is very catchy, really dig this !
Vocals are very nice as well as the lyrics. Sounds excellent man.

Firstly really nice playing...and for quite a busy sounding acoustic track, clean, none scratchy and yeah cool groove.

Mark

Sounds good to me :)
Good composition, I like how the different guitars play together in the end.
hi trichter! thanks for listening

yea, the arrangement left things wide open for the guitars to fill space without stepping on each other.
it was a fun tune to track.

Very cool groove! the guitar interplay is very catchy, really dig this !
Vocals are very nice as well as the lyrics. Sounds excellent man.
howdy ho logic lover!
thank you for commenting...

i love the Taylor 414 for it's ability to cover so much sonic ground,
i just change where i'm strumming or picking, and it sounds like a different guitar.
very sensitive. fun to play.

Very nicely done. What kind of acoustic guitar do you play, or did you play on this?
hi monkey allen! thanks for listening,
yea, i play all of this. this is my band project (Bats Brew) and this song is off of my 2nd album (out of 5) called "The Time is Magic"
(links at bottom)

this is a 2000 Taylor 414

here:
taylor-sesh.jpg

Listening on an iPad, but sounds pretty good. Nothing lacking, even on these tiny speakers.

Good harmonies. Nice acoustic, nice playing.

I’ll try and check it on better speakers another time, but good track. Btw, I also play a Taylor (310ce) and it records quite well. Better than I play, in fact. 😁

Zeppelin or Jethro Tull might have done this one. Just saying.

The thing about bongos is how to make them pop. I've been trying (and failing) for a long time. I think part of it is the instrument itself - the other day, I was in a music shop and idly hit a set of bongos I was strolling by. They sounded so much better than my previous bongos that I bought them a minute later. I think another thing might be how you hit them - one finger or the whole hand.

Really like this tune.

Firstly really nice playing...and for quite a busy sounding acoustic track, clean, none scratchy and yeah cool groove.

Mark
thanks mark... yea, it's busy, but it's a driving vibe anyway, it needed to be uptempo to catch the lyric vibe.
it's a fun rhythm to play on a fast playing acoustic, for sure.

Listening on an iPad, but sounds pretty good. Nothing lacking, even on these tiny speakers.

Good harmonies. Nice acoustic, nice playing.

I’ll try and check it on better speakers another time, but good track. Btw, I also play a Taylor (310ce) and it records quite well. Better than I play, in fact. 😁
hey dachay! i've never listened on anything thru a iPad, is that really do-able? def try it out on full range speakers,
thats what it was mixed for!
heheh,
makes me wonder if i should ever monitor thru something really tiny, just to see how it translates.

You go all the guitar parts yourself? It sounds great.

Interesting tune. It has somewhat of a Latin flavor to it. (To me)
Someone else may have a totally different experience, but I guess that’s the beauty of a good tune. No two people hear it exactly the same.

I like it . It drives along at 100 miles an hour.
;)

hey dachay! i've never listened on anything thru a iPad, is that really do-able? def try it out on full range speakers,
thats what it was mixed for!
heheh,
makes me wonder if i should ever monitor thru something really tiny, just to see how it translates.
Highly recommend checking your mixes out on various systems as you never know what they’ll be played back on. Obviously your studio monitors, but also car stereo, home stereo, iPad/iphone (or other cheapo speakers). Plus I find often things will jump out at you that you weren’t aware of. 👍🏼

This is very good. I don't really trust my ears that much, but there are just a few places in the vocals where the background (mostly vocal, but could be other stuff, too - fairly quick listen) comes up enough to blur the lead articulation, or at least I struggled a bit to understand the words. Maybe just a touch of automation (or, my favorite, ducking), but just a very tiny nit. I could listen to more like this. I also only listened on one set of decent cans.

Zeppelin or Jethro Tull might have done this one. Just saying.

The thing about bongos is how to make them pop. I've been trying (and failing) for a long time. I think part of it is the instrument itself - the other day, I was in a music shop and idly hit a set of bongos I was strolling by. They sounded so much better than my previous bongos that I bought them a minute later. I think another thing might be how you hit them - one finger or the whole hand.

Really like this tune.
hey dobro,
yea, the bongos are tricky. they don't translate as easy as you would think they would,
some of it is the mic placement, but MOST of it, is just the way you play it.
i had to experiment with many full tracks, before i got what i wanted.
i tried to do a full performances without any punch ins, just because.
glad you dig it, thanks for listening

Back