An "A" frame construction

MX3282

An "A" Frame design

Ok, it took me awhile to figure out that my file size was too big. (Didn't read the fine print)

IN an case, here's a picture of a design I was hoping to use as my studio this summer. It's a beautiful "A" fram design with alot of windows on one side. Thats the side I'll have overlooking the lake in my back yard.

The structure built onto the end of the main "A" fram will be my control room and I was hoping to build another smaller version of it on the opposite side for a drum booth.

The ceiling of the main live room would be arranged with an assortment of sound panles and drapery would help dampen the sound along the walls.

I'd like to know what you guys think of this particular design as a studio.

Attachments

• studio1.jpg
    studio1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
looks great, but I would probably make that little side shed thing the control room, and that would give you a bigger recording room. You could use that entire "A" frame part as a drum room, and then build a seperate ISO room for vocals/guitar/etc if necessary.

My Dream building

Now if the Bank will agree to give me the loan, I can make this dream a reality. I almost hate to tell them its for a recording studio because around here there's not alot of studio monies going around. I also do video editing (trained), and I'm a registerd company "Ma'sl Productions". Maybe that will help convince them. I could always turn it into a gift shop...lol

It would also make an awesome guest house for the mother-in-law.

or a very very fancy dog house for my dog...jk.

Well once again, let me know what you think.

Have you got any kind of measured floorplan? I think you can make a great place there but it helps to see how the existing structure is laid out.

Good luck with the loan.

Darryl.....

Workin on floor plan

The place where I got this photo is closed for the season but I'm hoping I can talk to someone who works there about where they got the blueprints and design from.

I supposed I could walk around the building taking measurements of the foundation but I'd rather see about getting some blueprints. The exisiting building has a loft Office and the shed-like structure built onto the side are all offices.

I figured I could lose the Loft, transform the offices into a control room and bathroom/kitchen area and build another small extension on the opposite side of the control room as a drum booth/iso booth(s).

When I get more information, I'll post it.

Screw the studio

I just made up my mind today to say screw the studio and went out and bought myself a nice 2004 Grand Prix GT. $16,750.00

My Studio Building will have to wait for a couple more years cause I'm gonna be paying on this puppy for 5 years.

Oh well, at least my wife liked what I spent my money on this time.

Game On, Game Off, Game On!

Well, I got the Grand Prix, what a beauty. Silver.

Interestingly enough, when I applied for the loan, they paid off the rest of my Van loan as well. My monthly payments for my Prix is only $6.20 more than what I was paying for the van.

Soooo....my point is....Studio might be back in the pictire.

So what, I'll have an awesome studio and drive a spiffy car. :)

(Sorry no CD shuttle, just CD player)

Attachments

• grandprix.jpg
    grandprix.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 171
Mann that’s good news, im glad to see you didn’t give it up that easy, I was scarred there for a minute, but its good to hear that everything worked out in that way. My first studio was in an aframe attic and I remember the incredible sound it had, untreated, without any acoustical tuning materials and it sounded great in there, I always credited the aframe design for that sound and I wish to match that natural acoustical sound I had with the attic in my new studio that is not an a-frame designed room. I’ll probably end up building an aframe studio of my own someday.

good luck man

rock on!

Back