Amplitube tone...

OK, I thought they sounded really cool. Tones have lots of requencies that I can hear, not muddy or anything.
Ed

The clean sounds all right, I don't really like the distorted tone, but it might sound better when a bass is playing along with it.

patlang12 said:
The clean sounds all right, I don't really like the distorted tone, but it might sound better when a bass is playing along with it.

What he said.

Plug ins and hardware emulators like the J-Station and the Pod always seem to sound okay on clean guitar but the distorted settings are rarely convincing. They all sound fizzy and fake to me.

The true test of a distorted guitar tone - for me anyway - is to hit a single note, let it sustain, and listen very carefully to how the note sounds as it trails off. 99% of the time you can clearly hear the digital artifacts as the volume passes through various thresholds. The other test - more subjective - is to pay attention to string dynamics, that is, how well you can use your picking pressure to control the tone and push the amp into and out of the break up zone.

Just my 2 cents, ultimately it's whether you like the sound.

Cool guys thx. I was just wondering how it sounded on your speaks. I'm using some crappy comp. speaks.

Yeah I hear, not so much the digital tail but a boxy type sound. Like it needs some more umph.

I think with a bit of playing around with shit it could be a great sound. IMO this is one of the best amp modelers out there.

Thx for the listen. :D

Last edited:
Back