Amp Repair in Minnesota

Badlands said:
Savage amps. You could also go to Willie's Guitar's, but they send anything they can't fix to Savage.
Willie's did all the work on my 59 Rocket. And my Hummingbird. I thought Savage and EMI but I'll side with Savage on this one. I'm up in Ely so shipping will be a bitch (40+lbs.) but it beats driving 8 hours. I searched the net for Duluth shops but didn't find any and it's tough when you haven't dealt with the folks in person. Off to Savage then. Thanks!

down the road from the barn with the tin roof, theres a nice one. He goes by the name of Jon Von Strassenbergerman.

Savage is fine, though they do tend towards some of the trendy internet bullshit on NOS tubes and cap brands. I don't know that they actually believe the myths, but they will try to sell you on them.

I use a guy called Ed at Northland Loudspeaker/Professional Audio Repair. He's not quick, but then no electronics repair shop is (at least, not in my experience). He seems to do more speaker repair than anything. You could also call the Good Guys, who are also very capable. There is at least one more place in town, but I don't have the list I keep at the shop in front of me.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Light said:
I use a guy called Ed at Northland Loudspeaker/Professional Audio Repair. He's not quick, but then no electronics repair shop is (at least, not in my experience). He seems to do more speaker repair than anything. You could also call the Good Guys, who are also very capable. There is at least one more place in town, but I don't have the list I keep at the shop in front of me.

Light

M.K. Gandhi
Christ I forgot about Good Guys. Been a long time since the Big City man. Light, you're a LD? I LD'd at First Ave. for many years. Lots of fun when you weren't getting blasted by the 100 year old patchbay back stage.

ridgeback said:
Christ I forgot about Good Guys. Been a long time since the Big City man. Light, you're a LD? I LD'd at First Ave. for many years. Lots of fun when you weren't getting blasted by the 100 year old patchbay back stage.

Yeah, but I do almost exclusively corporate shit. The work sucks (white video washes and shows that make if very hard to stay awake), but it pays a lot better than clubs. I'm kinda getting sick of it though, and am not doing too much of it any more.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

Back