Amp modelers

darknailblue

Hey I'm a prog rock/metal kinda guy and want a decent amp modeler for my computer recording rig. I'm just looking for some opinions. My choices right now include the PODxt, the Vox amp modeler or the Native Instruments Guitar Rig. I play with distortion most of the time, but don't use a lot of gain because I'm not a power chord slut. So.... any reccomendations?

~darknailblue

I have a POD Pro that I've used for a few years. I like it a lot for recording and not as much live. For recording it gives me just what I want.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again. My Valvetronix AD120 is one of the greatest amps I have ever played. I don't even care about sounding like other amps, this thing has tone out the wazoo. It is extremely versatile and sounds great recorded and LIVE. The Line 6 stuff is all pretty cool for recording. I personally really like the Pod to record, bit Line6 has ALWAYS let me down in a real LIVE situation. The Vox is awesome live, with all the tone you need.

If you have any questions about it, feel free to email me or something. I'm working on a little song with it just messing around that I'll probably post in the clinic in the next week or so. Very AC/DC and Stones sounding.

H2H

well...i have both POD and Jackson...but to me..jackson is a better choice for recording...since it has a SPDIF out...which POD 1 doesnt have...n POD's price is 3 times higher than Johnson J-Station...n to me the quality of both are same...

I concur with H2H. I own the Vox AD120VT amp for local gigs and when I have to get on a plane I take my Vox ToneLab with me. When we have to rent amps just plugging my ToneLab in the effects loop of any rented amp allows me to emulate any amp/cabinet I want.

Back