Amp help

tuck

Hey i bought a Fender Princeton 65 and the reverb doesnt work but when you hit the spring box you can hear them like if you were to drop it. I think that the sadring on the in pluggin came undone. does anyone have any other idea why this could not be working.

There are some really small wires in a spring reverb which for some unknown reason sometimes break or come unsoldered. Might be the result of sudden bumps or just moving them around, who knows? Also check all the plug connections, a good cleaning of the contacts might fix the problem, it wont make it any worse. Any way it sounds like you have a weak connection or a cold solder connection someplace. Fender spring reverbs are usualy pretty reliable but like any part, they do go bad from time to time. Fortunately if they do go bad they are easy to replace and aren't too expensive, $35 to $45 US should get you a new one if all else fails, but check all your connections first, it could be something as simple as a little grease on a plug or a pin, good luck.

You know that sound ya get when you drop or bump an amp with spring reverb while it's on? I was makin a massive master of my latest demo the other day and heard the same sound coming from the back of my BBE Sonic Maximizer. Then the lights on my rack started melting. Then I saw God.

Thought I'd share.

tuck said:
the reverb doesnt work but when you hit the spring box you can hear them

You've isolated the problem in the circuit to the springs or before. If you think it's the solder or connections, check the reverb input connections; next thing to look at is the reverb input drivers.

Back