Amp Farm and MBox?

madscene

Does Amp Farm work on MBox? I "found" a copy and tried to install it (to evaluate it for possible purchase, OF COURSE), but it didn't show up in my plug-in list in Pro Tools (winXP). It definitely installed the plug-in files in my digidesign directory though (the .dpm and .dpm.rsr plus all the default settings files).

Any one have experience with this?

I think AmpFarm is only for TDM and HD systems not LE. You can get Amplitube, it's sort of the same thing and it works with LE.

Ah - I am new to Pro Tools (outside of messing with it under the supervision of an engineer in a studio) and wasn't sure if TDM would work with MBox or not. That kinda stinks. Oh well.

Noticed your screen name - are you an REM fan? They're one of my favorites.

I don't think it will.

TDM and LE systems use two different platforms all together.

So if something was designed for TDM, thats because TDM was designed to handle it.

So it's like you're trying to install Ferrari mirrors in a Toyota Celica...know what mean?

At best, some features might work, but I wouldn't rely on it.

madscene said:
Ah - I am new to Pro Tools (outside of messing with it under the supervision of an engineer in a studio) and wasn't sure if TDM would work with MBox or not. That kinda stinks. Oh well.

Noticed your screen name - are you an REM fan? They're one of my favorites.

I'm a huge REM fan. They are my favorite band. They are coming here to Minnesota for a John Kerry fundraiser on Oct 5th, with Bruce Springsteen, John Fogerty, and Bright Eyes, and I want to go sooo bad but since it's a fundraiser I don't think I'll get to. Even if I do get to go I assume it will be bad seats, and I don't know if I can watch REM from father away then the 6th row. I've been to 2 REM shows and the first one was general admission and I was right up front on the barrier in the center, and the last one I was at I was in the 6th or 7th row, and someone in the crowd gave me a pass to the aftershow party so I got to meet Peter Buck and Mike Mills. It was AWESOME!!!

Back