American question

wilko

Marking my territory
When talking about Jamfest 07, I remember that one of the rules on a campsite was that any booze must be in a cup and no open bottles or something like that.

What was the reason behind that request?

Probably some wacky state or local law. Things differ all over this country like crazy!

When talking about Jamfest 07, I remember that one of the rules on a campsite was that any booze must be in a cup and no open bottles or something like that.

I recall that jpw had intially posted that rule because of a possible local restriction at the first intended site for JF7, but it was rescinded when the final location was determined.

Ask True or jay for the details.

There are some States and municipalities in the U.S. that strictly forbid open containers....beer bottles.

Texas isn't one of them as far I know.

I recall that jpw had intially posted that rule because of a possible local restriction at the first intended site for JF7, but it was rescinded when the final location was determined.

Ask True or jay for the details.

There are some States and municipalities in the U.S. that strictly forbid open containers....beer bottles.

Texas isn't one of them as far I know.

So how do you adhere to that? Do you open the beer then pour it into a cup. If you do, you still have an open conatainer.. or is it ok because it is empty?

The owner of the first property requested it. The second one didn't.

I believe the request was made originally to try and keep things respectable looking but I assume once you're on private property, it's no longer a question of local bylaws..though I'm only guessing about that?

The county we were in was a dry county...meaning no stores could sell booze.

Cheers! :)

You aren't supposed to have bottles on the beach here, because nobody wants to step on broken glass. But it is routinely ignored . . . I read one beach in FL wants to replenish their beach with ground-up recycled glass bottles :confused:

The owner of the first site for jamfest requested that we do not have open containers out of respect for his dad(dad does not like to see beer cans as he is a church going man) The owner of the second site did not give a shit as he is as much of a boozer as the rest of us:D Clear now:D

The owner of the first site for jamfest requested that we do not have open containers out of respect for his dad(dad does not like to see beer cans as he is a church going man) The owner of the second site did not give a shit as he is as much of a boozer as the rest of us:D Clear now:D

So it was a religious thing...because of a father :p

Ah ok. So it wasn't a bye-law. Fair enough.

Back