America (an immigrant song)

Nice song, nice recording. To me the vocals sound a little too forward but very good. Could be taste thing, but sitting a little more in the mix I think would just give it a nicer feel (up to 1:03).

You're right :)
I will automate the lead vocals and tuck it down a db or so till the second verse.
I'm glad, you liked it, I somewhat rushed the mix this morning, in order to get it done before I start with the BBQ ;)

You're right :)
I will automate the lead vocals and tuck it down a db or so till the second verse.
I'm glad, you liked it, I somewhat rushed the mix this morning, in order to get it done before I start with the BBQ ;)

I often get excited about a song and I push it out way too soon. But, that is just the nature of the beast.

I like the lyrics! Sadly most of the spoiled and entitled natural born Americans don't recognize the incredible luxuries and opportunities that are here for the taking. Refreshing to hear someone sing with a passion for what this country is all about.

You and the song, to me anyway have a Lou Reed feel about you.

Yeah, cool man. Very Tom Petty, George Harrison, Dylanesq. I like the loud vocals because its a statement tune, and you have an excellent lead voice. You could drop them a db or so, but I'd leave them upfront. Great job. Really enjoyed that one.

Back