AMD Hex-core hum

BroKen_H

Re-member
Okay, I've tried to solve this issue for a year on pc forums to no avail. It's time to get some input from the audio end.
I'm on my third AMD 6100 hex core (first two were in a custom build). Three processors in two MBs with different audio and video.
All of them hum excessively when the video changes. You can literally hear the mouse move in the speakers; you can hear hard drive read/writes. I've tried three different sets of speakers. I've tried hooking the audio interface into another computer (worked fine on my old quad core, works fine on an i3). If I unplug the speakers and listen through headphones, it's still there. At first, I thought it was just a bad chip. But now I'm concerned it may be a flaw in the AMD CPU. Any thoughts? Anything that would be worth a try? Next step will have to be an i5 or i7, I suppose, but I was hoping to salvage this system (pretty spendy setup).

Just one caveat: When I listen through my Denons the hum is barely audible, but through my Sony digitals, it's still there...

Back