ambient noise level

charoo

Hey Friends and Techies !

Nyone gonna tell me about latest and updated ambient noise level. How much target db's should be achieve and is there any formula or tool to caculate it.

luv
charoo

something I found

Well i read that 15dbs are the standard level to achieve but 20 dbs is also fine. any feedback?

luv
charoo

dear must be you have some stronger noise potential around.

The potential depends on whether my wife is awake or not.:D

Just kidden with you charoo. I really don't understand what your question was referring to. Hence the smartelec joke. Ambient noise where? Outside. Inside. With or without HVAC running? What do you mean. Or should I say, what is it you are asking. ie, how to measure noise levels at the latest moment? Updated from what? The last hour?

Nyone gonna tell me about latest and updated ambient noise level.

What the heck does that mean? :confused:
I've never heard the term " updated ambient noise level"
The only time I know of when my noise level updates, is when traffic starts and quits on the freeway adjacent to my house, it starts about 5:30 pm, and about 7:00 it quits. Can you clue me in to what your talking about? Then I might be able to direct you to a source of information. And there are many helpful people here that can directly answer you, IF they know what your asking.

Heres an example for you. What color is the temperature?
fitz:)

sorry

i was confused of something and due to poor Vocabulary this happened. Well it happens when you dont know things properly and try to learn lots' of things Parallely. I just wanna know what shoulb be the inside noise level in studio, i mean to say that is there any fixed or constant value that should be achieve by sound insulation.

luv
charoo

I think he's talking about the noise floor in the studio, with everything up and running.
It would seem to me if you could achieve 20db, you're doing pretty darn good. 15db would probably require construction techniques beyond the scope of this board.

Here's a neat link of noise comparisons:
http://www.netvista.net/~hpb/dblevels.html

"I think he's talking about the noise floor in the studio" - Right, Michael - otherwise known as NC, or Noise Criteria. See Everest's Master Hanbook of Acoustics, page 386-7, complete with chart. (These criteria are NOT flat)

You're also right about the difficulty of achieving NC-20, ESPECIALLY with everything running. Not to mention, that an SPL meter that will tell you if your room is that good will cost more than Charoo's entire budget, from the sound of his posts... Steve

PS - of course, if you could record in the middle of an Iowa cornfield at midnight on a calm night right after you sprayed for crickets, you could get NC-15 with no walls at all... :=)

Back