Alverez acoustic guitars

snakeyez

Anyone like or dislike them? I have one, and i like playing on it. The strings are pretty close to the frets, especially compared to those cheap guitars you find for like $100 new. I'm kind of green though, and havent really played on any expensive guitars. How does alverez rate?

Anyone like or dislike them? I have one, and i like playing on it. The strings are pretty close to the frets, especially compared to those cheap guitars you find for like $100 new. I'm kind of green though, and havent really played on any expensive guitars. How does alverez rate?

Alvarez is good enough for Monte Montgomery.

I don't think I've ever picked one up that the tone changed the way I heard music or anything, but I HAVE consistently picked up Alvarez' in stores that changed the way I thought acoustics could play. Mine was bought blind and doesn't match up though so if its the 'electric' style action you like about them be sure to go play one in the store and take the one you like home with you.

I have 3 Alvarez acoustic guitars in my collection, a 1981 Alvarez Yarii DY55, RD20S12, and a PF-90SC. I’m pleased with all 3 guitars. I paid $600 for the DY55 back in 1981, so it wasn’t a cheap guitar by any means. I still prefer it over any Taylor or Martin that I’ve ever laid hands on.

I have 3 Alvarez acoustic guitars in my collection, a 1981 Alvarez Yarii DY55, RD20S12, and a PF-90SC. I’m pleased with all 3 guitars. I paid $600 for the DY55 back in 1981, so it wasn’t a cheap guitar by any means. I still prefer it over any Taylor or Martin that I’ve ever laid hands on.

Yairi's are an entirely different breed than regular old Alvarez...

Those Yairi brothers have something going on. I've got a Yairi Lowden (S. Yairi), and it is amazing. Amazing with an exclamation point. !.

By the way, a friend went shopping for her first guitar, and ended up with an Alvarez acoustic. For 200 bucks, she got a solid top and a hard case. The guitar plays very well, sounds pretty good, and has remarkable fit and finish for the price. No fret sprout there!

I really like Alvarez. One of my friends has this really, really old Alvarez that's one of my favorite acoustic guitars ever, just sounds and plays really nice.

Funny story: I bought an alverez at a garage sale from a guy who bears the same first name as I. He was selling it to buy an electric to use at the same college I had just returned from, and having studied the electric guitar for 4 years was in the market for an acoustic. Well maybe not so funny. :eek:

The alverez I own is somewhat dull sounding but has a great action and would stop a rhino with its solid construction. I prefer my GF Hohner!! THat thing rings. Go figure.

My friend had an alvarez that sounded great, but something about the neck seemed smaller and I felt like I had to cram my fingers together to play, I think his was fairly inexpensive though, and it really did sound good.

Back