Alto Audio

Nick98338 said:
I just discovered this manufacturer of audio equipment. Never heard of 'em before. Opinions please.

Hi,
I take it you mean the Italian company that proudly boasts that it builds units in 'cheaper labour' countries.
Yeah, ok....um...I have the Alto L-16 desk for my home studio..going into/out of three Delta 44's.......mmmmmm....I'll say this....it's a very flexible unit, with lots of ins/outs/sends/much control of parameters, and was very cheap for what it can do...(no problems with the unit in 1 year of constant operation)......I'll buy a yamaha mixing desk next, and an Alto 2U stereo equaliser....they seem pretty cool too.
I do not like the built in FX of the desk.....and have permanently taken them off line via a quick de-solder of the master FX switch. (which wanted to re-set to the on position each time the desk starts-up.)
Apparantly, their reverb racks and high-end mic pre's and speaker/amp combo's are very good.....for the price....just heard from friends that own some of there other stuff.
They do have a catalogue of their shit on a site somewhere.
I think it's ok stuff...again, for the price you pay.(which suits the lower to mid budget people like me just fine).

Man...sorry for dribbling....I'm bored, and can't be fucked picking up a guitar right now. :p

Regards,
Superspit.

Got 4 pieces

I got 2 2ch Alto ACL2 PRO compressor/gate/limiter

1 15 band sterio eq EQU215

and a Mac 2.2 power amp

Website is ALTO

Stuff works good for me

I have some powered PA speakers and they seem decent enough. I don't like the set screw that is supposed to hold them on the stand. It's just threaded trhough plastic. I got them at a hugely deep discount from my wife's cousin who is a dj. He thought they were crap. Good enough for rock and roll vocals in a small club AND they fit in the backseat of my 4-door truck with the rest of my crap.

The little 2-channel toob mic pre (Alto Alpha) is horribly noisy and practically unusable. If I want something to sound deliberately shitty, I pull it out of the closet. Otherwise, it's just collecting dust.

Back