Allen Woody Rumblekat Bass

whyseye

Anybody here own/played with one?

What were your impressions? There's one winking at me, and I'm thinking about winking back...:cool:

Personally, I prefer the longest scale possible, but this guy gave it a good review:

'I have played electric bass for many years in top 40 and show bands. Gigged for a long time with long neck Fender and Ibanez units. Tried a short neck bass and found I was much more proficient since I have small hands and short fingers. Being an Allen Woody Allman brothers lover, this short-neck bass caught my eye. I did not try it out, but the many ratings were excellent and convinced me. I bought mine a month ago and played several practices and gigs before writing my review. All I can say is WOW. It came pre-set up from the Epiphone custom shop with strings barely off the neck for lightening speed, but not a buzz. Tone is great, though the strings it comes with are very bright and may need changing if you prefer a mellower sound. My amp is a little muddy, so it actually helps. It looks so different from the standard basses I have had. A number of people have come up during gigs to admire and touch. It is a beauty and finished as well as most American guitars, but it's an import. Though a semi-hollow body, it is heavy as a full-wood Les Paul. I got a 4" padded strap and am sure glad as that spreads out the weight during a long night, but all that wood allows a note to sustain forever. I am incredibly happy with this beautiful, well-made and well set-up bass. Check it out.

Posted by Stubby but Fast from Aurora, CO on Jul 12, 2007

Looks good too!:cool:

Thanks - I don't know how I missed that review....

....looks like it'll make a nice companion to my Mustang and EB-clone....the short-scale triumvirate!! :cool:

Update:
It barks, it bites, it growls and it sings.....and it looks stunning doing it!!
And it's mine.
Thought you'd all want to know...:cool:

Back