allen & heath vs soundcraft - the final showdown!!!

seriousturtle

so many people compare mackie versus soundcraft, A&H, Alesis, Behringer (God knows why). let's compare A&H to Soundcraft. Start out with their 900-1000$ range. FX 8-16 against the Mixwizard. Why do you prefer one over the other. What's a better buy. What features are better for the price??? Let's put these mixers to the test

~the turtle

incidentally,

I just heard an allen and heath and a soundcraft within 3 days of each other.

They were $1800-2400 models though.

I really liked both, but the allen & heath was wow.

I would even prefer it to the mackie that I was raving about.

allen & heath vs soundcraft...

I just wonder if you took 2 people and heaved a mixer of each toward each other, which one would best survive the blow! :)

H2H

It's like asking, Do I wanna hook up with a redhead who likes oral or blond who likes sex? The 2 mixers IMHO are good in there own ways. One really isn't better than the other, just what you like and/or need!

Well I compared the MixWiz, the FX8 and the Mackie 1642 and I ended up with the FX8. Definitely the best value out of the 3 and the built-in effects aren't too shabby at all if you tweak em a little bit.

i was thinking about getting the fx16, but i've been talking to some engineers that i know who actually prefer the mackie vlz series over the spirits. not cuz of $, but because of sound. they said that spirits introduce lots of noise to the sound, and that you almost always have to boost the eq on instruments. what the????

~the turtle

Back