All Your Friends

Douhgy

I posted this song a LONG time ago, and I have since added many parts and changed the mix. Please give it a listen and give it to me straight.

Hey...not crazy about the song from a songwriting point of view...but as far as playing ability and recording quality I think it sounds pro (comparable with the best stuff I've heard here in the mixing clinic)...makes me think of the early Police.

Thanks for the feedback.

What do you think could be better about the songwriting? Do you just not like this style or does something bother you about the song? Lyrics? Melodies? etc..?

Nice tune. Not my particular style to normally listen to, but this is interesting. Nice mix, and very clean. I'm not much help here, but enjoyed the song.
Ed

I would like to hear it put more to a reggae rhythm/arrangement, maybe a steel drum. The lyrics are good but I'd like to hear the vocal with a bit more grit. prescence and passion.

This is just my opinion on what I'd do with it if it was my song. On it's own merit... I'd say it's a good song.

I think it sounds real good; the kind of stuff I do listening to. I'd like to hear a deeper bass, but mix sounds real good.

Douhgy said:
What do you think could be better about the songwriting? Do you just not like this style or does something bother you about the song? Lyrics? Melodies? etc..?

Music is all around us in modern society...somehow we still find a song here and there that has a special meaning to us personally. What makes us like or dislike a song?...our accumilated life experiences?...the music we have been exposed to in the past?

I don't know what it is that makes me want to hear a song a second time...but when I hear that song (that stirs some chemical in my brain or something) I almost HAVE to hear it again and again...

Your song just doesn't do that for me, but it might do that for someone else (in fact, one poster pretty much said it did it for him)...

It's not that I find something wrong with how it is arranged or with the lyrics (although I guess I don't identify with the lyrics)...it's just missing that mystery ingredient that makes a song appeal to me, personally...maybe I shouldn't have called it "songwriting", but I really wanted to emphasize that, eventhough I might not be motivated to listen to this song over and over, I am still very impressed with the abilities displayed in the playing and singing, and in the recording quality.

Hi

Very good song, the quality of the recording and the mix is impressive. I'm not sure the vocal melody is at the same level as the rest of the song but I guess this is personnal preferences.

/Jack Real.

Back