All I did was change the pickgaurd...in a mess now

ralf

I wanted to change the pickguard on my Fender P-bass Special. After I changed it and got everything put back together I found out something must have gotten screwed up.

It buzzes pretty loud, the p bass pick up doesn't work, and when I put my fingers on the p bass pickup volume knob or tone knob I get a squeeling feedback sound. I took the pickguard off again and everything appears to be in tact, so i can't figure out what the problem may be.

Any suggestions???

ralf said:
I wanted to change the pickguard on my Fender P-bass Special. After I changed it and got everything put back together I found out something must have gotten screwed up.

It buzzes pretty loud, the p bass pick up doesn't work, and when I put my fingers on the p bass pickup volume knob or tone knob I get a squeeling feedback sound. I took the pickguard off again and everything appears to be in tact, so i can't figure out what the problem may be.

Any suggestions???

You are missing a ground somwhere. Should be a wire soldered on one of the pots to the bridge and the output jack. Check for a broken solder joint.

MCI2424 said:
You are missing a ground somwhere. Should be a wire soldered on one of the pots to the bridge and the output jack. Check for a broken solder joint.

You may even have ground and hot wires swapped somewhere.

yeah that's it. i figured it was something with the wiring. unfortunately i don't know shit about how to do it...guess i'll have to take it in to my guitar guy

Back