alesis studio 32

trebles

I now own a little studio 32, can anyone tell me what the best match up for this desk is multitrack wise???

Ive looked at just about every option, and there always seems to be something i end up not liking about the options available to me.

To put it simply im looking for the highest quality multitrack i can get which will work fine with a studio 32, without any glitches or compatibality problems whatsoever.

I do like the look of the Alesis hd24, but i am told if i want to go this route im better of just using mic pres direct to the hd24 and then just using the studio 32 as a tape returns unit.

What do you all think??

thankyou in advance to anyone who leaves constructive or helpfull advice

Regards Wayne
Melbourne Australia

i would say the hd24 is a good option. i am going to get rid of my 3 adats here in the near future and pick up one of these babies. i would not be ashamed of using the preamps on the studio 32 for a while. this would get you started without having to dump loads of money on pres. unless you have lots of money. haha! i had one of these mixers for a while and absolutely loved it. the preamps are very quiet. i own a mackie 32-8 now, and i would compare the pres as being at least equal. the only reason i got rid of it was because i needed more channels which the 32-8 had to offer. the studio 32 was designed for using 2 adats (16 tracks). but you can easily configure it to mix down up to 32 tracks. the hd24 is the most bang for your buck, as i beleive adats are slowly going out.

Back