alesis sr-16 vs. Boss DR770

jonjon123

For a non-drummer whos looking to start, whats would you recommend? the alesis sr-16 or Boss DR770?

looking for ease of use and sound quality.

thanks

I have one of each. The 770 sounds much better but the SR-16 is WAY easier to use (much easier to program).

I have the SR-16...IMO...Id get something else. The useability might be there like TR said..but the cymbal samples suck to me. Truncated and harsh... Get the Boss

Wow, I have an old SR-16 and loved it for a long time. I recently switched to Fruity and sampled my favorites off the SR-16. There are very usable sounds on there. In fact, some of those sounds are my favorite drum samples. I agree that the cymbals are unusable (crashes). I do love the ride and hihats. In fact, the SR-16 is my go to hat. Programming the thing is complicated, but learnable. The little pads might be fine for some people, but I don't like them. I don't like banging that hard on that unit. So, I MIDI in and play the parts from a keyboard, go to step mode, figure out where the beats landed, and insert them into Fruity. If you guys know a shortcut to that let me know. That SR-16 actually packs a mean punch when you tutn it up loud!

Back