Alesis Service Department: Mnicoletti??

MOFO Pro

Opinions are like SM-57s
Hi Mike,

I was wondering if you still keep in touch with some of your old co-workers at Alesis? You see...

I took a chance when GC was blowing out their entire inventory of Alesis gear and bought a Nanobase and Nanoverb, both had no audio output. I called tech support, got return authorization numbers for both units, and shipped them in. That was about 6 weeks ago.

Now I realize that they will be running behind on repair work with their limited staff, and an emphasis on revenue genorating work (gotta get the new product out the door before someone can buy it) but...

I've not been able to get through to the repair department ever, the phone switch dumps me into voice mailbox after the phone rings off the hook. But tnot my greatest concern... today I decided to just try to speak to anyone. Guess what? I got a recording that stated that technical support was closed, gave the regular business hours, and asked me to call back later. Even considering the different time zone, it was still the middle of the afternoon for them out there. I dialed 0 to try to get the switchboard and was unable to speak to anyone there, couldn't leave a message because the mailbox was full!! Sounds to me that things aren't quite what they would like you to believe with Alesis.

But... to cut to the chase... do I stand any chance of ever seeing these units again? And is there anything you'd be able to do to move these along. I can email you the specifics if need be.

I only send this through a public forum to inform others of the current Alesis repair situation.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Hmmmm...I know they are moving (still within L.A.) but I do not know when.

If you do not mind posting your email address here, I will get a member of Tech Support to contact you.

Mike

MOFO, you should be getting a call soon from Tech Support.

Apparently, Alesis has gone back to a live operator instead of the Automated Call Directing system that I had turned on when I got there, thus the busy signals. There are a limited number of calls that can be on hold.

Bad move in my opinion. Hopefully it will go back to the ACD at some point.....

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I also picked up a DM-Pro (absolutely Love it!!) but that crapped out on me about a month to the day after I picked it up. GC sent it out to be repaired (authorised dealer), and I haven't heard back from them either.

I was just a little concerned about the units at Aleseis when I couldn't get through to anyone considering their recent problems. It felt too much like the building was deserted and the phone system was left active.

Thanks again Mike, I let you know how I make out. I'll also point out their huge mistake of laying off the best good-will ambassador they ever had.

Steve

Thanks Again Mike!!

Dallasm (person not the state) contacted me and let me know that both units have been shipped to a new repair facility (Advanced Musical Electronics)... Sounds like they abandoned the in-house service department. He said they will be contacting me when the work is complete (which should be soon)...

Thanks again for all your help Mike,

Steve

Now I can start looking for my DM-Pro...

Thank you for your nice words, MOFO (man that just does not sound like it goes together!!!) :p

Happy to help.

Mike

Back