Alesis QS6 series

Masters Of War

What are the main differences between the QS6, QS6.1, and QS6.2? Is each model progessivley better than the last? Yeah I'm still looking for a keyboard, any info would be great, thanks.

Is anyone here familiar with these keyboards? I hear they (QS6, QS6.1) do a mean rhodes sound, but that the acoustic keys are pretty crappy. How does the organ sound on these boards? I'm looking for one locally to try out, but so far no luck. Anyone who has experience with these boards if you could share your wisdom that would be great, thanks.

the only real difference between a QS8 and a QS8.1 is the size of the display. My QS8 is made out of metal, the new ones plastic. As for the 6s I cant say.
You can get an 8 for less than five bills. There is one for sale on craigslist.org
Albany, N.Y. for 425.00 I think? Way better than the sixes, 88 keys, weighted etc.
I like my eight and I don't care what anyone has to say. I have two friends who have played keys all their lives and when they played mine they went and bought one. The one player had a Kurzweil the other I am not sure.

http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/102428625.html

Also, they're pretty easy to program and change sounds to your liking. :) I have the original QS6 made of metal as well, is still used in my on the road rig.

Cheers :D

Is the QS6.2 similar to the first two models? I've found a lot of information about the QS6 and QS6.1, but can't find anything on the QS6.2.

Yes it is essentially the same synth (Same manner of synthesis, physical operation, sound editing, etc.).

QS6 originally had 8Mb of ROM expandable to 16Mb (via 1 expansion slot)

The QS6.1 doubled the original "Stock" ROM to 16Mb, and added a second expansion slot (allowing 32Mb fully expanded).

The newer QS6.2 keeps the 16Mb "Stock" ROM, but looses the second expansion slot utulized by the QS6.1 (Only 24Mb fully expanded). It also has the new silver "Plastic Case" (Yuck). Also the new QS.2 series are only available in 61 and 88 key. Both the original QS and QS.1 series were available as 76 key too (QS7 and QS7.1 respectively).

My money would be on trying to get a QS7.1 (or QS8.1 if you want the weighted action). My only gripe with all 3 series was the rubbery buttons, I just couldn't get used to them. I like the "Hard Plastic, Makes An Audible Click To Reassure You, That You Pushed It All The Way In" buttons (a la KORG).

Back